- 300 g flour
- 150 ml syrup
- 75 ml peanut oil
- 1 tsp sodium silicate/ash water
- 1 kg sugar
- 750 ml water
- 1 squeezed Lemon
- 250 g dried red bean
- 300 ml water
- 125 g sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
HOW TO MAKE:
- Mix all the ingredients, bring them to cook until thicken and let them cool.
- Prepare the moon cake skin.
- Combine wheat flour with syrup, peanut oil, and ash water. Mix well and knead the dough until smooth and not sticky.
- Let the dough rest for 3 hours. Cover it with a wet towel to keep the dough moisturized.
- Prepare the cake mould and sprinkle a little flour evenly, don’t put too much.
- Place a little dough into the mould.
- Add the filling at the centre and make sure all the fillings are covered by the dough.
- Bake the dough for 15 minutes in an oven until fully cooked.
- The traditional mooncake with red bean filling is ready to serve.